Linda's Faith & Friends

Linda's Faith & Friends

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Continuing with #ACTION & Gifts Hard to Give Thanks for.



 "Made to Crave Devotional"  Day 2: What If I Let God Down?

Today's passage could have been written by me.  I don't know when I have read anything that expressed my feelings, frustrations, and fears as this did. 

"Thought for the Day: I wept as I realized this would be one of the most significant spiritual journeys of my life. A spiritual journey that would yield great physical benefits." page 14 Made to Crave Devotional.

"Do not fear, for I am with you do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strength you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

I have struggled for some many years,  I have successfully participated in many diets..only to gain it back again.  Each time I have been determined that this time will be different.  I have always known that I am a stress eater, when I am frustrated, disappointed, or angry I will or could eat anything and everything.    I realized several years ago that I don't have the "full" sensation.  It has taken a mental action to stop eating.

This time will be different.  I will take the craving for food and turn it into a craving for Christ and the woman I will become through Him.  I have high expectations,  I believe that through this study I will transfer my focus from food to Christ.

The second part of the Made To Crave study has to the "Action-How To" from the How-To in the Made to Crave Book.  I know it will be a struggle, I know it will need to be a life change.

I have been an "Overcomer" before, and will do it again!


 My continued count from Ann Voskamp's gifts:This is a difficult one... Things I find difficult to give thanks for...How do I word these..

1.   I am thankful for the four years we were privileged to have our son, Travis in our family.

2.  I am thankful for the cardiac specialist who have spent the past five years attempting to repair Herb's heart.

3.  I am thankful for the difficult times the Lord has guided me through the past 18 months.

God Bless,   Linda


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Linda, for being real and sharing your heart! I love your site! I also love the 3 things to be thankful for that you post each day.

    ReplyDelete