Linda's Faith & Friends

Linda's Faith & Friends

Monday, March 3, 2014

Action Plan Week 1, Unsettle Me & Three Gifts Wore


Action Tip:
Tip of the day: Drinking 16 ounces of water in the morning can reduce your caloric intake up to 25 % for the day.~ Dr. Ski Chilton, Gene Smart Wellness


Devotion for Today from Made To Crave Devotional, the title of today's devotion is "Unsettled."
The thought for the day:
"Unsettle me in the best kind of way. For when I allow your kind of touch to reach to the deepest parts of me-dark and dingy and hidden away too long-suddenly , a fresh wind of life twists and twirls and dances through my soul."  Pg. 11

Unsettle me Lord,  help me to seek and find the areas of my life that need to be changed.  Help me to find the courage to pray this prayer everyday and throughout the day. In Jesus name, Amen.


March 3: Three Gifts Wore

1.  The first gift I thought of was the locket my grandmother gave me to wear for my wedding in 1974.  My grandpa had given it to her as a wedding gift.  I wish I would have asked questions such as where did it come from, who else had owned it.  It came from a jewelry store in Iowa.  The date engraved inside is 1874.  It was 100 years old when I wore it.

2.  Herb gave me a blue star sapphire necklace when we were dating which I have worn for over 40 years.  

3.  Little Jessa loves her hats, the warm winter hats that cover her ears, she pulls them on and doesn't want to take them off.

Results:  I am not sure the total amount I have lost.  I didn't weigh myself at the beginning, I felt it would be too discouraging.   But, since I did weigh in, I have lost 12 lbs.  Praise the Lord!

Until Tuesday, God Bless, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment