Linda's Faith & Friends

Linda's Faith & Friends

Friday, March 7, 2014

I am a Child of God & Three Gifts In the Kitchen




Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible StudiesThe daily blog from the Made To Crave #Action asked us to consider ourselves as a "child of God."  Telling us we are more than a number on a scale or a number on test results from the doctor's office. I was reading it and thinking, "Yes, I know all that."  Then tonight as I was catching up on some facebook reading posted by the new friends I have met I was hit full force with a post by Hope.  She wrote, "Remember, if you don't love yourself heavy, you won't love yourself skinny either. It's not a magic fix-all for problems. You did not get heavy overnight, you will not lose it overnight either. There is no quick fix. Healthy does not have a finish line. Be a turtle. Slow and steady."

Whoa!  That is a lot to think about.  I know that often I have thought, "If only I could lose my weight I would feel better about myself,  I would be more confident,  I would allow people to take my picture, I won't be afraid to eat out with others and not feel they are watching everything I am putting in my mouth."

So..to start--I am a CHILD of God! He loves me with an  everlasting love, He sent His only Son to die for ME!  If He did that for ME.  Then I am important!
  


Three Gifts In My Kitchen:

1.  I am blessed with the gift of being able to have my granddaughters in my kitchen

2.  On a wall in my kitchen is a growing chart drawn as my two sons grew.  When we painted the kitchen a few years ago we painted around it.  It is a record of dates, ages, and the height. 


View from my kitchen window Oct 2013.
3.  From the window above my sink in my kitchen I watch the seasons change in the field, around the pond and in the woods.  I am able to observe my God's handiwork first hand.










No comments:

Post a Comment