Linda's Faith & Friends

Linda's Faith & Friends

Thursday, June 21, 2012

What Really Matters!

Today I feel like Paul when he wrote: Romans 7:15


New International Version (©1984)
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 
New Living Translation (©2007)
I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate.

I am struggling with being obedient to what I know I need to do!  Some of you know that I worked extremely hard at losing weight the past year.  I lost 45 lbs with  along way to go.  I did gain back 5 lbs with the stress and frustrations of the winter.  I know that I need to get back on track.

I lost it--or should I say--The Lord gave me the strength to lose it with His help through attending Weight Watchers and studying and praying His word with Beth Moore's Book, "Praying God's Word."  If I am not able to be obedient to Him in self control, then I will have difficulty being obedient in all area of my  life.  I must give Him complete submission.

In today's devotions from "A Gentle Spirit Devotional Journal." (Thank you Melanie for directing me to it)  The topic is "What Really Matters."  The scripture is 1 Thessalonians 5:17, "Pray without ceasing." It tells us to talk to God rather than talking to ourselves.  I have had many experiences where He has directed me to pray and pray and pray when I don't know why.  Later I have learned why I was being nudged to pray.  I thanked Him for making me obedient to his promptings.

I am committing to God, myself, and you (whoever may or may not read this).  That I will be obedient to His prompting and know what I need to be to be obedient.  I will pray without ceasing when I know I need to follow His Path.

Thank you for your prayers of support,

Your Sister In Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment