Today's devotional from the book, "A Gentler Spirit Devotional Journal." "Father," A Relational Term"
The scripture reference is Luke 2:52, "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man."
One of the paragraphs talks about the nature and character of God. It was to be played out in and through man and woman and the concept of family. God desired for family...He sent His Son, he created Eve so Adam would not be alone, He calls us to be his children.
From God we receive nurturing and love.
This is difficult because I grew up with an emotional abusive father. He and my mother were divorced when I was 39 years old. She stayed in the abusive relationship until she had Biblical grounds for divorce. He was having affairs with women. She gave him the choice of their marriage and all the owned to give up the affairs. She gave him 2 years and he continued with the affair.
His selfishness destroyed our family and the relationship between family members.
So--when I think of God as my loving Father--I need to remember that His love is all I need--I am His daughter--and He cannot hurt me.
Praise:
*New baby boy for Katie & Ryan
* My Christian blogging sisters
Praying For:
*DH's heart condition
* Mike, Amy, & Family as they travel back to Wisconsin on furlough from their missionary placement in Nicaragua.
* Many other people I am lifting up for physical, emotional, or marital healing.

No comments:
Post a Comment