Linda's Faith & Friends

Linda's Faith & Friends

Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Challenging Journey



I am not in one of the small groups, however the  posts are available on face book to give the encouragement and support.  What has been amazing is that there are so many gals who have the same struggles and frustrations that I feel.

A quote from the book says, " Define your week by obedience, not by a number on the scale."

In the same chapter it suggests asking ourselves these questions when the scale isn't changing.

**
*Did I overeat this week on any day?
*Did I move and exercise regularly?
*Do I feel lighter than I did at this time last week?
*Did I eat in secret or out of anger or frustration?
*Did I feel that, at any time, I ran to food instead of to God?
*Before I hopped on the scale, did I think I'd had a successful, God-pleasing week? "
** Terkeurst, L. "Made to Crave." 2010. pg.81



My other study is proving more difficult this week than I expected.  This weeks chapter is " The Power of a Woman's Words to Her Friends."  A section in this chapter  looking at how Jesus encouraged his disciples, the woman at the well, Philip, and Thomas.  After encouragement it goes into gossip, slander, deceit, and back to encouragement.

God Bless,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment