This Blog update is long overdue . I have continued to read and study Beth Moore's book, "Praying God's Word Breaking." It is second only to my Bible. I wrote in July that I had found a chapter in the book entitled, "Overcoming Food-Related Strongholds." WOW! It has given me insight into myself and the encouragement I have needed to go day by day. When people have asked what I am doing to lose my weight I have started to tell them I am following the current Weight Watchers diet with the points plus program and daily praying using Beth Moore's book!
The day I stopped into a Christopher and Banks store to see how long before "real" misses size jeans would fit--only to find that I put on a pair of size 16 jeans and zipped them up!! WOO HOOO!!! Oops--I got away from my story. The clerk asked what I was doing to lose the weight. I mentioned Weight Watchers. The next day the Lord said to me something like--"Hey Linda--Who is giving you the strength to do this--Do you think you are doing it by yourself?" I realized then that I needed to give Him the credit-because I am not doing it alone!
Some quotes from the first couple of pages in the chapter:
"God is thoroughly interested and involved in every single part of you: body, soul and spirit. "
, " God deeply desires for us to grant Him total access to set apart every single part of our lives-body, soul, and spirit-to His glorious work. Always keep in mind that anything to God's glory is also for our good. God's inclusion of the physical body is proof among many others in Scripture that He cares deeply what happens to these tents of flesh in which we dwell. Indeed, our physical bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit in this dispensation of God's Kindgom."
There are sixteen pages of scripture prayers in the chapter. I add one or more to my prayers every day.
Today I claim, " In view of your mercy, Lord I offer my body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to You, God. This is my spiritual act of worship, I desire not to be conformed any longer to the pattern of this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Then I will b able to test and approve what Your will is- Your good, pleasing, and perfect will." Romans 12: 1-2


Hi Linda! This looks like a great book. I've done several Beth Moore studies but never read this book.
ReplyDelete