Linda's Faith & Friends

Linda's Faith & Friends

Monday, July 12, 2010

More Momories-& a Song

Today  our oldest son would be turning 33.  He was killed as a result of a farm accident on our farm 3 months after his 4th birthday.  One night in August he sang the song, "I Wonder How It Felt" in our small church.  I have typed the lyrics below.  The chorus says, "I'm just a child, my life is still before me. I just can't wait to see what God has for me and I know that I will trust Him and I'll wait to see what life will be for me."   We didn't know as we celebrated his 4th birthday that it would be his last on earth.

Today is one of the three days of the year that I spend extra time remembering his short life.  Yes, it still hurts and we still miss him.  I cannot imagine how anyone without faith would ever survive the death of their child.  He arrived at 4:17 A.M. weighing 9 lbs 3 oz and 23 1/2 inches long.  The smallest of my three boys. He never fit into newborn clothes.  He was a great big brother!


 Travis
7/12/1977-10/3/1981

I Wonder How It Felt
 Song written By Bill and Gloria Gaither 1974

I wonder how it felt to wake up in the belly of a whale,
I wonder how it felt to spend the night with Silas in the jail,

I’m just a child,
My life is still before me,
I just can’t wait to see what God has for me,
But I know that I will trust Him and I’ll wait to see what life will be for me.

I wonder how it felt to meet big Goliath in the field,
I wonder how it felt to know the mouths of lions have been sealed;

I’m just a child,
My life is still before me,
I just can’t wait to see what God has for me,
But I know that I will trust Him and I’ll wait to see what life will be for me.

I wonder how it’d be to watch your baby brother in the Nile,
I wonder who would come,
A princess or a hungry crocodile!

I’m just a child,
My life is still before me,
I just can’t wait to see what God has for me,
But I know that I will trust Him and I’ll wait to see what life will be for me.

I wonder how it felt to spend the night with Noah in the zoo,
I wonder how it felt to sleep beside a smelly kangaroo.

I’m just a child,
My life is still before me,
I just can’t wait to see what God has for me,
But I know that I will trust Him and I’ll wait to see what life will be for me.


Take care--Next post will be more fun!  I promise.
Linda

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Linda, As a mother, my heart goes out to you. Such a beautiful, beautiful son. I know you already have that hope that Christians own in Christ, so I will simply conclude with God bless you with strength and courage as you wait for that day when you will see your son again. What sorrow there is in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your DH today as you remember your handsome son, Travis. May God give you strength and peace as you remember the special memories you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that Travis did not have a chance to grow up on the farm and in your family. He looked like such a sweet young boy!! I am glad that you will get to see him again and spend eternity with him. I am so sorry for your loss :(

    betty

    ReplyDelete