Linda's Faith & Friends

Linda's Faith & Friends

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Potter and the Clay



From Beth Moore's "Praying God's Word Day By Day". April 17
"Without the Potter, Clay is
just dirt, When we seek to Please
Him, He seeks to perfect us,and life works."

"Merciful God, I have learned the hard way that nothing good lives in me, that is in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. But in You I have the power I need! You've given me the treasure of the Holy Spirit who lives in this weak jar of clay to show that this all surpassing power is from God and not from me!"

To often I try to do it myself--God is so patient with me to hold me and wait until I say, "I give up Lord! I need you to help me, guide me and direct me! This hunk of clay is nothing without Him. Why do I take so long to remember?

Praise Him for the sunshine!

Pray: For Herb's continual recovery from his surgery this winter. He is impatient, especially with so much work to do! Today he has spread fertilizer since 8:30 this morning and is still going. He said climbing on and off the tractor to adjust the fertilizer spreader was difficult. His chest aches and he is sore--pray for healing and that he will remember his healing will take months!
(For my new blogging friends who are my Sister's in Christ--my husband had the mitral valve in his heart replaced in January. He is cleared to lift up to 35 lbs. On the farm most things weigh than 35lbs!)

3 comments:

  1. I will add Herb to my prayer list. My DH had back surgery 2 years ago. It is a worry that he will lift too much. He still has back pain, but carries on. Thanks for sharing the Beth Moore study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe it was my computer, Linda, but the Beth Moore study came across looking like Egyptian writing....but I do love Beth Moore! and indeed I am glad that he is very patient with us!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayer is for the work to get done and Herb not to overdo. Hoping for a full recovery soon.

    ReplyDelete